Castor oil is one of the best natural ingredients that the world doesn’t want to talk about. Castor oil is abundant with vitamin E, minerals, protein and also has antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. Castor oil consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids (90% of which are made from ricinoleic acid). This exceptional composition gives castor oil wonderful healing abilities. Ricinoleic acid is proven to be effective in getting rid and preventing viruses, bacteria, yeasts and molds.
Back in the old times, castor oil was used as an oral laxative. Nonetheless, today castor oil is generally and preferable to be used as a topical application. It’s a cheap and helpful remedy for many diseases. Castor oil has been used for many practical applications. In Russia, the stem of the plant is used in the textile industry.
Castor Oil Health Benefits:
- Thickens and re-grows hair. Castor oil is abundant with omega 9 fatty acids, which nourish the hair and follicles. Castor oil is able to go deep into the pores and follicles that produce hair. Just massage a couple of drops of castor oil into your hair.
- Improves Lymphatic Flow. In accordance to Dr David Williams, “No drug exists that has the ability to boost lymphatic flow; nevertheless, the job can easily be done through the topical applying of castor oil.”
- Anti-inflammatory. Castor oil is characterized with ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory properties. It is used to lessen inflammation and swelling of joints and tissues.
- Aids the intestinal system with inflammatory bowels and dysentery.
- Yeast Infections. Ricinoleic acid found in castor oil is able to restrain the growth of bacteria, yeast and virus’.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil promotes regular bowel movement.
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Menstrual Disorders. Castor oil is known to relax the muscles involved in menstrual cramps.
- Due to the ricinoleic acid in castor oil, many skin issues can be treated with it.
- Athlete’s Foot
- Skin Problems
- Hair and Dandruff. Due to fungicidal, germicidal and insecticidal properties, castor oil is an effective treatment for dandruff and helps protect the scalp from fungal and microbial infections.
Castor oil is used for various skin conditions such as bacterial infections, bursitis, fungal infections, itching, keratosis, ringworm, sebaceous cysts, sprains and warts. All you need to do is rub castor oil on to areas of the skin.